Enable Dark Mode!

Ads 720 x 90

Fiksioner Free Blogger Theme Download

Hiddink: “I will come back and see what I can do”


Guus Hiddink stands on the touchline during Chelsea’s 2 – 1 defeat at PSG in the 2015/2016 Champions League round of 16 game. At the far left is PSG coach Laurent Blanc

According to the current Chelsea manager Guus Hiddink, he intends to play some part in Chelsea’s future beyond his final game at the helm on Sunday.

It should be noted that Chelsea cannot finish higher than 9th this season. Recall that Chelsea announced that the former Juventus coach Antonio Conte signed a three-year contract and will begin work in London after leading Italy in this summer’s Euro 2016 tournament. Antonio Conte will be looking to recover from the worst title defence in Premier League history. However, reports have claimed that Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is keen to keep the former Netherlands boss at Stamford Bridge.

The Dutchman will lead out the Blues for the last time against Premier League champions Leicester City.

However, Hiddink has distanced himself from the notion of an emotional farewell: “It sounds dramatic, but I know every now and then I will come back and see what I can do – help out the young players. It’s not a definite role. It’s not an official role, but I will be back, so it’s less dramatic than it seems.”

Speaking about his coaching career in as Chelsea manager:“When they asked me, to be honest, I did not think much to say yes or no, I was very pleased that I could do it. I had the energy still to perform, deliver and do what we have done.Of course, I would have loved once we escaped from danger to go into an FA Cup final, another one or two more Champions League rounds, but we could not fulfil that.”

“In general, I am happy with the last half year,”he concluded.

The 69-year-old suggests he would be open to working with the club’s youth players: “I’m not definitely going away, I’d like to be involved with the development of players, like Tammy [Abraham] and maybe some others, not just in the club but outside the club, that’s what I’d like to do very much, we’ll see what will happen in the upcoming time”.

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.

Post a Comment

Subscribe Our Newsletter